The Health Care Training Academy is Proud to Present:
Emergency Nurses' Association (ENA):
Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC)
Initial & Renewal Course 5th Edition (new edition)
Looking for Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)? Click here
DURING COVID19, this program is presented 100% Online via LIVE INSTRUCTOR-LED WEBINAR
You do not have to attend a physical location to take this course. 100% virtual/online.
Accurate assessment of a child with acute illness or injury requires special knowledge and skills. This course, taught by qualified emergency nurses, is designed to provide the core-level pediatric knowledge and psychomotor skills needed to properly assess and implement evidence-based interventions to improve outcomes for this high-risk patient population.
Here’s a glimpse into what you’ll learn:
- The latest pediatric emergency nursing practice recommendations
- Systematic assessment and application of care
- Education that can be applied to every pediatric patient you treat
- The newly released 5th Edition includes added content on dermatologic and environmental emergencies, human trafficking, food allergies, and more
Rapid identification of pediatric life-threatening injuries & Illnesses
Comprehensive patient assessment
Enhanced intervention for better patient outcomes
A variety of learning methodologies are incorporated into ENPC, including online pre-course modules, a textbook, interactive lecture, hands-on practice at home, and case-based learning.
Hands-on training at home: using both an individual and a team approach. Psychomotor skill stations — pediatric nursing process, airway and ventilation, and interventions — offer you the opportunity to practice the initial assessment's systematic approach in real-life situations.
Online learning/Pre-course modules: Online modules with links to additional information let you learn at your own pace, apply what you learn and receive immediate feedback, and refer back to information at any time. The modules are a complete case study process — taking you through an entire sequence of care.
Evidence-based content developed by emergency experts. The comprehensive ENPC Provider Manual, 5th Edition, is a compilation of current pediatric nursing standards and a valuable resource for future reference.
Textbook: The newly released 5th Edition provides fundamental pediatric emergency nursing content with expanded information including dermatologic and environmental emergencies, human trafficking, food allergies, and more. A valuable resource for future reference!
Patient experience videos: Learn from pediatric patients and their caregivers about real-life scenarios
Electronic testing: NEW! Electronic, open-book testing (exam) allows you to test in an environment that makes you most comfortable. No more test anxiety at the course!
Instructor-led classroom discussions and skills stations: ENPC is a two-day course of interactive, in-person classroom learning (via Zoom) that includes virutal instructor-led skill stations, games, and other interactive exercises.
Why is ENA's ENPC the right course for you?
- Evidence-based content developed by pediatric nursing experts
- Curriculum designed specifically for nurses
- The education you learn can be applied to every pediatric patient you treat
- Course education is updated regularly as trauma care evolves
- 4-year, internationally recognized verification as an ENPC provider is earned upon successful completion
- Increase your confidence in emergency pediatric patient care
- ENPC courses available year-round at locations conveniently located near you
- Earn 18.33 contact hours of CNE
- Participants must be an RN and possess a current unrestricted nursing license to receive a verification
- LPNs and paramedics are eligible to attend all portions of the course except for the written and psychomotor evaluations. For this reason, they do not receive verification but are awarded contact hours
Fun & Friendly ENPC instructors.
- Issued by ENA (up to 18.33 contact hours)
Who should attend? This program is mainly for RNs. If you're an RN working in the ER or want to work in the ER, this program is a MUST! Not all ERs have a separate pediatric ED; therfeore, this course will bring your much knowledge when treating your next pediatric patient.
Note: Non-RNs may attend the course but cannot take the exam or skills testing stations. Those RNs who pass the exam, testing stations, and complete the class are issued a 4-year ENPC certification. In addition, continuing Education Credit will be issued to all attendees who complete the program from ENA.
To complete the course, you must:
- Obtain and read the ENPC textbook [5th Edition] (only available for purchase during registration)
- Complete the online pre-course modules (issued after registration) on ENA's website. These must be completed BEFORE attending the live session of the course.
- Complete the online lectures and activities via HCTAUSA.org (different from the ENA's modules above) during the course.
- Complete and participate in both days of the live session of the course
- Pass the Pediatric Nursing Process (PNP) Skills session with a 70% or greater (during your live session)
- Pass the online written exam (80% or greater) within 7 days of the course (50 questions, open-book, 2-hour time limit, 2 attempts, random questions)
- The ENPC 5th Edition textbook does take approx. 10-14 days for delivery (USA ONLY); if you elect to pick it up from our office, please check that we have the textbook in stock as they sell out very quickly. ENA does offer an eBook for the ENPC program; if your textbook's delivery is not guaranteed to arrive before your course, you may want to consider an eBook instead of a print book. There are no refunds or transfers if your physical book does not arrive on time.
ENA recommends registering 30+ days before the course to prepare for the heavy ENPC content. However, if you're registering within 30 days of the course, you can only proceed by understanding that you run the risk of "failing" the course without sufficient time to prepare. Additionally, the ENPC written exam is an open-book exam; moreover, if you don't have the current (5th Edition) book, many do not succeed with the written exam and course completion. If you agree to these terms, an eBook may be your best option as an eBook access link is usually emailed within 1-2 business days from the time you place your eBook order vs mailing a book and awaiting 14 days for delivery.